We're going to let you in on a secret! Actually, a whole bunch of them! It's time that we awakened everyone to the joys and wonders of Winter here in the heart of the CT shoreline.
What is it that draws you out of your cocoon in Winter? What's so appealing that it draws you out of the city and brings you to a seaside escape in CT in Winter? Is it the thought of a comfy chair by a roaring fire, glass of wine and a good book, uninterrupted snuggle time with your honey, or a change of scenery and new delights to discover and enjoy? It's all good, and all here for you in Madison CT.
Madison CT and the surrounding seaside communities that make up the central CT shoreline have a characteristically different and special attraction for us in each season of the year. It's Winter now, and Madison and its neighboring seaside towns are full of surprises.
These are those special activities that are unique to the Winter months. Then there are also those year 'round favorite things to do that we find comforting with their familiarity. Here's a "short list" to pique your interest. We'll add details and links in the days and weeks to come. Meanwhile, pick your dates and plan your Winter Getaway. The best way to combat "Cabin Fever" is to get out here and enjoy all the uniquely Winter fun. Really!
Treat yourself to a "Snowflake Getaway."
- Dining by a fireplace has a charm all its own. Many of our favorite restaurants can offer you just that and more - warmth, ambience, the finest cuisine - all in one place. And, don't forget those wonderful Winter menu items.
- It's mighty tasty around here - taste olive oils and vinegars, cheeses, teas and wines from around the world. Madison's specialty shops are a playground for foodies. Shoreline wine bars tempt you with flights of wines and delicacies. Local vineyards invite you to taste to the tunes of music.
- Take a cooking class! Whether you prefer hands-on or to sit back, watch, learn and taste the fruit of the class's labors, it's all good.
- Make your own signature wine!
Play in the Snow
- Build a Snow Sculpture.
- Go Snow-shoeing or Cross-country Skiing - bring your own or rent nearby.
- Go Ice Skating - No ice? No problem - great indoor rink is near.
- Learn downhill skiing and snowboarding - Powder Ridge Mountain has just opened nearby.
- Winter Birding, by land or water - Bald Eagles, Snowy Owls, and more: Guided or Self-directed tours, river cruises
- Seal watching, by land or sea
The Great Outdoors
- Hiking and Walking Trails - Seaside and Countryside
- Walk the beach
- Build a Sand Sculpture on the Beach
- Countryside Horse and Carriage Ride or Sleigh Ride
- Winter Festivals
The Great Indoors
- Theater, Opera, Concerts
- Movies - Art Cinemas and Megaplexes
- Priceless Museums - both great and small; special seasonal exhibits
- Art Classes
- Author talks and book signings
- Art Galleries and Openings
- Research your Genealogy and Family History
- Browse Antique Shops, Thrift Shops and Consignment Shops
- Unique Boutiques and Specialty Shops to Explore
- An "indie" bookstore like no other
- InSide Sidewalk Sales
- Relaxing Quiet Times Together
- Couples Massages & Spa packages
- Fireplace Guestrooms
- Jacuzzi to splash around in
- Breakfast in Bed
- Valentine's Packages
Don't know your dates yet, but know you want to get away? Save with the Save Local "Snowflake Getaway!"
I look forward to welcoming you ...